Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring classes and hookins


Just a quick note to let you know "By the Bay Rug hooking Group" will be meeting at the studio every 3rd Sat of the month from 10-2pm.
I will be holding a beginner class on Mondays from 6-8pm starting April 5th for 4 weeks. The cost of the class is $75, the kits are $70 which includes your pattern, wool, hoop and hook. If you have your hoop and hook, I will subtract that from the cost.
I am sorry to have taken so long to get this figured out but with reno's, a new grandchild, holidays and work it gets hard to stop long enough to have dinner let alone make the new schedule. Hope those of you interested will be ok with the times I have chosen, but with my other obligations this is what fits. Hope you all can make it.
The above rug was made for my daughter Nicole's 30th birthday, it is of her paternal grandparents home on Cambridge St, Penetanguishene. The house was sold a few years ago and has been demolished, she has fond memories of the place and asked that I make her the rug. she was quite pleased with the outcome which I was glad of.
The MAKE store in Collingwood has been doing very well. I sold 2 rugs and wool coats the first weekend, I have also sold the Hip/Hop Rabbit pillow and a 3D sheep, and have another order for the hip/hop pillow. The other artists are doing well also, it is worth having a stop in as it is quite a unique little shop.
By the way I have a new addition to our family, Nathaniel Charles Mortellitti was born March 9th, 2010 at around 4:15pm, at 9lbs 4oz. He's a keeper!

No comments: